NEWS & PRESS

Congratulations to the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017

Michigan and Northwest Ohio award recipients

Office Space of the Future: Energy Efficiency and Beyond in Detroit

Between 2005 and 2015, Detroit saw one in three properties foreclosed due to mortgage defaults or unpaid taxes…

Carla Walker-Miller, President and CEO, Walker Miller Energy Services keynotes Women’s History Month Luncheon

DTE solar energy project could revitalize west-side Detroit area

DTE Energy Co. plans to build a solar energy array in a decommissioned park that would generate more than $2.2 million in revenue for…

Success beyond startup: Walker-Miller invests in energy, diversity

A standard lightbulb uses 10 percent of its energy to create light. The other 90 percent creates heat. Carla Walker-Miller may…

Advocates face roadblocks while pursuing community solar in Detroit

Advocates pushing for cooperatively owned renewable energy projects in Detroit are facing difficulty, which they blame largely…

EY announces Finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 Award in the Michigan and Northwest Ohio Region

EY today announced the finalists for the…

Parjana addresses standing water runoff issues at Detroit high school

Detroit-based Parjana Distribution LLC has completed a stormwater management project at Central High School to remove standing water on the school’s softball field and soon will begin work on…

Energy exec Carla Walker-Miller chooses to ‘lean out’

While women executives are told to ‘lean in,’ Detroit energy CEO Carla Walker-Miller chose a different method: Making the mainstream reach out and bring her in, on her…